Citizens’ X Party‘s Method to create Open Lists
It is not about changing faces, but about changing the way of doing things.
Citizens’ Network has designed a method for creating citizens’ open lists, which was developed to find honest skilled qualified people, capable of defending our interests.
This is how we developed the process:
In the same way, participants from the Citizens’ Network can propose their own network peers as candidates.
Further information: An imperfect world and clarification on citizens’ open lists.
A voting tool is available, so that any citizen can weigh the proposed candidates according to the following criteria:
- Knowledge and affinity with the Citizens’ Network X Party programme
- Knowledge and affinity with the Citizens’ Network X Party working method
- Competences of the person in his/her subjects
- Proven career in common good
- Ability to make explanations in public
- Ability to talk about his/her non-competent matters with responsibility, humility and without lying.
- Ability dealing with people
- Knowledge of English (or French, or any other foreign language)
- Knowledge of European mechanisms and institutions
- Compulsory parity criteria to shape lists where women and men appear equally
- All the pre-candidates with 25% or higher weighted support from the participants, are contacted to notify them that they have been appointed to defend this roadmap and these
- , and after checking the minimum requirements, they will go on to the Shooting stage.
All interested candidates accepting to defend these objectives, as well as the conditions of Member of the European Parliament from the Citizens’ Network, and after verifying their basic requirements, will go through shooting stage.
Shooting stage, public event for candidates evaluation
Candidates participate in an open broadcast live event on the Internet, where anyone can ask questions. These questions can be proposed by whoever, both by on-site people and by virtual participations through questions prioritized via Internet.
Weighting: candidates evaluation by the users involved in the Citizens’ Network X Party.
Users involved in the Citizens’ Network X Party (user = anyone proactive with the project) can participate in the candidate evaluation by selecting the capable people to shape the Open citizen list, and they are allowed to evaluate as many candidates as they want.
It is everyone’s responsibility to evaluate accordingly to an aim and to the selected criteria.
Candidates with at least 25% of evaluated support by participants become part of the final list, which might be adjusted depending on some criteria, such as the indicated by the Electoral Law in terms of parity.
If necessary, final positions on the list will be completed with volunteers from the Citizens Network, whose position on the list will be determined randomly.
End Phase: Configuring of the Definitive List for the European Elections of 2014
We have assembled the definitive list aiming to maintain it as close as possible to the results of the weighting process of the Citizen´s Open List after the “trial-by-fire” sparring that the candidates undertook on the 23rd of March.
Some recent adjustments have been applied to the weighting results in order to: zipper list A to list B; to check whether the applicants agreed with their position on the list; adjust requirements according to the Electoral Law, e.g. in respect of parity; and to check for the last time all the above mentioned criteria accordingly to the objectives and method.
The changes made correspond to the following criteria:
1– The ratio between internal and external candidates has been balanced, alternating candidates from List B and List A.
2– Gender Equality law , according to which it is necessary to maintain a ratio between genders, which implies a minimum of 40% and a maximum of 60% of candidates from each gender, for every 5 candidates. That is, 2 men and 3 women for each 5 candidates, or vice-versa. Due to this, some of the female candidates have ascended positions in order to meet these criteria.
3-Variations asked by the applicants themselves:
– Raul Burillo, accordingly to what was expressly stated in the conditions for creating the Citizen´s Open list, has requested to be moved to a 3rd position.
– Juan Garay Amores effectively renounced to his position in the list and the candidacy representing the Citizen´s Network X Party due to issues of availability and conflicts with his professional career. He expressed his wish to remain as a consultant of the Network in his competencies.
– Marcelo Expósito expressed his wish to be located after Juan Moreno Yague, due to his seniority within the Citizen´s Network X Party.
4– As expected, the remaining positions were completed by volunteers from within the Citizens’ Network, which must, in any case, meet the same criteria demanded to those candidates who took part in the “trial-by-fire”sparring event.
Considering all the above, the definitive list for the European Elections of the 25th of May of 2014 representing the Citizen´s Network X Party is:
- Hervé Falciani – Lista B – 100%
- Simona Levi – Lista B – 96%
- Raúl Burillo – Lista A – 96%
- Susana Martín – Lista A – 75%
- Sergio Salgado – Lista B – 79%
- Juan Moreno Yagüe – Lista B – 77%
- Marcelo Expósito – Lista A – 52%
- Daniel Pérez Grande – Lista B – 56%
- Leonor Pérez Zafón – Lista B – 33%
- Nieves Montaño – Lista B – 23%
- Joaquín Pagola – Lista B – 48%
- Raúl Royo – Lista B – 37%
- Jose Luís Porcar – Lista B – 31%
- Patricia Duarte Carrafiello
- Maria Ferrer-Vidal Diaz del Riguero
- Pastora Millán Moya
- Mª Amparo Ramírez Morcillo
- Javier Toret Medina
- Pau López Triquell
- Alfonso Sánchez Moreno
- Anna Gordillo Torras
- Bárbara Sánchez Flores
- Miguel Aguilera Lizarraga
- Rafael Berlanga Tabernero
- Juan Collado Rojo
- Alicia Maria Ruiz Aranda
- Pilar Gonzalez Cid
- Carmelo Ordóñez Sanabria
- Alberto López Rubio
- Florencio Cabello Fernández-Delgado
- María del Pino Pérez Moreno
- Murielle Ingrid Medina Denoux
- Jose Luis Palacios Guerrero
- Luis Herves Carrasco
- Javier Gallego Rodríguez
- Mª Montserrat Padrón Capote
- Miriam Lorente Quirantes
- Armando Nieto Díaz
- Jesús Madero Pérez
- Rafael Cubiles Gutiérrez
- Tamara Isabel López Castillo
- Marta Felipe Soria
- Jesús Maria Herruzo Luque
- Jose ignacio Vallejo Segura
- David Ruiz Rodriguez
- Carmen Cordero Fernández
- Benita Josefa Salgado Rivero
- Pedro José Rosa Romero
- Jose Manuel Pumarega Conde
- Lucía Bentué Gómez
- Sofía González Salgado
- Isabel María Flores Lorenzo
- Luis Molero Queipo
- Jonatan Rodriguez Arcas
- Isabel Sánchez Flores
- Rubén Sáez Fraile
Further information about candidates passing the “trial-by-fire” sparring event and about the campaing team..